wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Break out the cowbells!

Most of you regulars know I'm a night owl. However, I went and signed up for amphibious singing lessons, and they start at 10:00 AM tomorrow (Saturday). I'm usually fast asleep by then, so I have to adjust my body clock by, oh, SIX HOURS tonight to make it. Around 9:00 a.m. tomorrow, everybody ring cowbells, honk horns, let the dog bark, whatever; I'll need it to wake up. I'm sure your neighbours will thank you...
Happy Gardening,
Wing

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

That's like the year that I was entered in the NATS competition (National Association of Teachers of Singing). I was entered in Oratorio and Opera. My *first* performance slot was 9:16 a.m.

I had to have full performing dress (heels, make-up, etc.) on, vocally warmed up, fully awake (!), oh yes and drive to the venue and find my way around to the correct room.

It was 45 or so minutes away.

Cynthia, another natural owl

applestar
Mod

:-() :-() :clap: :clap: !!!! WAKE UUUUUUUP !!!! :clap: :clap: :-() :-()
-wall- -wall- -wall- nutz:

:kidding:

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

:lol: Well, Cynthia, thank goodness I didn't have to be theatrically dressed, or even civil. Just show up, stay awake, get my CD and assignments, and come home. So, now I have less than two weeks to memorize, oh, 8-12 species' calls. No prob. :o That will be the hardest part as they all sound like crickets now. That and I should have had a partner because I'll be running around at night on slippery riverbanks and marshes and such by myself. Oh, and the only other folks around are crooks and cops. Dumb. The time is not much, 5-10 minutes/site and 3-4 nights a month. So far, I only have two sites.

Applestar, thanks to you for your wake-up call.

Marlin...I have had cats all my life and it only takes the new guys a week or so to figure out it's a good idea NOT to bother me if I'm in bed. CharlieMV says "life is like herding cats"; well, I herd mine to the basement whilst I'm asleep.

Next on the list of TTD is my storm spotter class, another "ungodly-hour-on-a-Saturday" class, but that's next month.
Happy Gardening,
Wing

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”