mtmickey

perseverance :D

emerald7
Cool Member

Perseverance

mtmickey wrote:perseverance :D
Yeah, definitely. there were times i wanted to give up when i was having major bug problems, but I'm glad i stuck it out.
Embarking upon the world of indoor organic container gardening

SWMOgardens
Cool Member

You must realize you can't beat the weather. There will be late spring freezes or frosts, hail storms, floods, droughts, and wet winters. You can't beat nature. Rabbits, deer, slugs, japanese beetles, cut worms and pests are going to visit your garden. You can simply make your garden the nicest place you can, enjoy it and TRY not to worry about things you can not control.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

SWMOgardens wrote:You must realize you can't beat the weather. There will be late spring freezes or frosts, hail storms, floods, droughts, and wet winters. You can't beat nature. Rabbits, deer, slugs, japanese beetles, cut worms and pests are going to visit your garden. You can simply make your garden the nicest place you can, enjoy it and TRY not to worry about things you can not control.
Acceptance!

Ted
I simply enjoy gardening!

William71

I kept aquariums for many years, mostly planted ones, both at home and at work (although I no longer have any now), and it seems to me the same qualities apply both there and in gardening. Respect for and fascination with nature. A willingness to learn the details and get your hands dirty. And above all, patience. The person who would toss some seeds in the ground and expect a thriving garden with no further effort on their part is just like the person who buys an aquarium, throws in some water and some fish, and expects a thriving tank with no further effort. Those people who want instant gratification, but who are unwilling to crack open a book or visit a website to learn what to do, simply disgust me. It's why I no longer work in fish/aquarium retail.

microcollie
Green Thumb

Smart enough to learn from nature, but naive enough to think that you can improve upon it.

microcollie
Green Thumb

Oh yeah...and a ****load of money!! :P

SWMOgardens
Cool Member

When someone asks me how much I have spent in my garden, I say "I have a nice bassboat sitting in the backyard"

Once my wife had her Longerberger basket dealer over, (VERY expensive baskets), and I made a comment about their cost. Her dealer pointed out the window and said "Is that a Japanese maple? How much is it?" I never made another comment about the cost of the baskets.

[img]https://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/swmogardens/100_7337.jpg[/img]

Canadian Farmer Guy

I operate on pure Canadian stubbornness :D

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

i mostly notice myself using patients, compassion, sensitivity, my reading skills, and my thumb :wink: which becomes more and more green every day. :lol:
Confusion at its Finest :D
I'm rooting for you!

*USDA Zone 8b :: Sunset Zone ?*
https://bewilderedgreeny.weebly.com/

alexdestin
Newly Registered

while this is not an essential characteristic of a good garden coach can be beneficial, especially if you decide to charge people for your services. You can take up to a Master Gardener training course or at least review some courses at your college or university.
We must be the change we want to see

lorax
Greener Thumb

Patience, perserverance, childlike wonder/curiosity, and a certain mulish stubbornness for when people tell you that certain things can't be grown.

AkeenGardener

What makes a good gardener

A willingness to learn and the patience to understand that mistakes can be made and nature is not always helpful!

SWMOgardens
Cool Member

Understand that a lot of plants are not "permanent". Some will die, some won't do well and you will remove them, others you will move to a better spot.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”