Jbest

48.7 inches of snow

For the month of February we had 48.7 inches of snow breaking an all time record. :cry: This season's total is 76.9 inches, making it the third snowiest on record. :cry: :cry: The forecast for March is for well below average temperatures. :cry: :cry: :cry: Geeees, when am I going to get the apple trees pruned and when should I start my garden plants? The past summer was like an arctic rain forest, terrible for gardens. I wonder what this summer will be like. Do any of you folks in Zone 9 or 10 have an apartment with gardening space? Hummmm, that would put me further behind for planting. Oh well maybe thinking about it will get me through winter. I think tomorrow I will just keep my lounging clothes on and bottle the wine. John

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Hey, look on the bright side Jbest, if there is a bright side...
Snow is the poor man's fertilizer... It is fertilizing for ya.
And alot of it.
We normally have 3 days of snow, had about 6-7 weeks of snow.
And last summer, we couldn't swim .... in August... too cold.
And July and August are our hottest months.
Look up Year without a summer 1816. And that will make you appreciate that 2009 wasn't so very bad!
How about hydroponics? Indoor growing?
Where there is a will, there is always a way!
Do you prune peach trees? If you do, give me some pointers, please.

Jbest

Ozark Lady wrote:Hey, look on the bright side Jbest, if there is a bright side...
Snow is the poor man's fertilizer... It is fertilizing for ya.
And alot of it.
We normally have 3 days of snow, had about 6-7 weeks of snow.
And last summer, we couldn't swim .... in August... too cold.
And July and August are our hottest months.
Look up Year without a summer 1816. And that will make you appreciate that 2009 wasn't so very bad!
How about hydroponics? Indoor growing?
Where there is a will, there is always a way!
Do you prune peach trees? If you do, give me some pointers, please.
Yea things could be worse but they could also be better, I am hoping for better. Hydroponics---No, indoor growing, I'm doing that now. Peach borer is prevalent in my area so I don't even try. John

freedhardwoods

Just be glad you don't live in Oakland MD. The company I work for delivers there every week. I was there 2 weeks ago. Their total as of then was 209". :shock: I'm sure they have had 2 or 3 feet more since then.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”