Rob_NZ

Ahem...your most embarrasing garden moment?

Had to ask.

I was out recently in the dead of night between the beds, looking for slugs, snails and earwigs. Having bagged a few of each I sat there on the side of my one raised bed [the rest are on the ground] contemplating life, the universe, and everything. This was interupted occasionally by moths ramming themselves into my forehead at ridiculous speeds, attracted by my head-torch...and that's where it started...queue Obi Wan vs Darth Vader and yes, I am sad to admit, my own in-action voice-over..." You may strike me down, but I will rise to be...." etc, etc. I was valiantly light-sabering moths with some bamboo, jumping around like a ten year old.

My wife was watching the whole time. I'm 38. :oops:

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

Hardy, har, Rob!

This wasn't embarrassing, per se, but my mom and I were gathering wild greens for my rabbit in some empty lots around the house. A new neighbor spotted us and beckoned us over to her driveway. There she held us hostage for about a hour talking in broken English (I think she was Korean) without taking a breath. My mom and I stood there waiting for a moment to excuse ourselves but none ever came! We both got sunburned and my greens wilted in their plastic bag. It was horrible!

Now when we gather greens we do it on the other side of the property.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”