horticulture

Dang Squirrel!

I have a Basil plant on top of my A/C right by my window in my bedroom outside. And I just looked at it and noticed my little firend was back :twisted: For some reason this is the second time the twerp did it. I'm not all mad or anything, but I kind of get a kick out of what he's doing. I have three stalks in a 1 gallon pot, and he seems to come and dig the dirt out of part of it leaving a hole like a prairie dog would. I know it's a squirrel because I see him everyday and he has aq tolerence to me and doesent mind coming at my feet when I am sitting outside. I just don't get why he is doing it? he isint messing my plant up at all, just digging farthest away from any of the stalks and is taking alot of my soil out of the pot.
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not oing to try and trap him or anything, he isint that pesky and seems to have a decent life annoying my. He leaves my neighbors plants alone and she gets a kick out of it :roll:

:?:

Diane
Green Thumb

He's probably planting nuts and seeds in that pot. I have all kinds of trees growing in pots thanks to squirrels. Often I would find the soil disturbed in my just planted pots and wondered what happened. Sometimes I find bread in them. :shock:

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”