Marge
Cool Member

Gardeners attack - in a way

[url]https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4828396.stm[/url]

what does everyone think of this?

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

I think it's wonderful! In most communites, there is some sort of "guerrilla" gardening going on, although probably not to this extent. There are homeowners in Vancouver who plant the meridian between the traffic lanes in front of their homes, others their boulevards. Here in my city, there are at least two vacant city lots that I know of that have been tilled and planted in vegetables by a group of gardeners, that are free for the taking by the homeless or anyone, and has never been vandalized in the seven years we have done it. People are also planting flowers down the river banks, and laneways.
I hope it continues everywhere. It not only makes things a little nicer, but also encourages people to work towards something that is not just for them, but for the community/world as a whole.
Three cheers to the guerrilla gardeners! 8)

Val

garden_mom

I also think this is great! I have thought that if I ever had the funding, I would get a group together and do this myself! If everyone would plant a tree in front of their house, we would have millions more trees than we do now. Evergreen groundcover by the roads, trees in the medians, how beautiful! This world would be a different place, that's for sure.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I have found a kindred soul for sure. I have had this idea for a while (mine was to plant native "gardens" in state parks much the same way; quite illegal mind you :P )

Brilliant! I cannot wait to start a local chapter here; I see a day when Guerilla Gardening cells operate in every major city, dodging the law to establish native food plants to support urban wildlife... 8)

HG

Marge
Cool Member

I wish they had a branch (pardon the pun) where I live :roll:

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”