S payne
Newly Registered

What won't mules eat?

Does anyone know of a hardy vining plant that mules won't eat? I need something to cover an ugly fence that butts up to our neighbors field that their mules won't eat! I live in OK and the area is fairly shady. Any suggestions?

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Welcome to the forum Spayne!
I am not aware of any vines or even plants for that matter that repel mules specifically.
There a few plants that are know to repel deer, and you might give them a try. None of them are vines either, though.

- Stonecrop
- Hens & chicks
- Lamb's ears
- Red Osier Dogwood (cornus sericea 'allemans')- This is a tall shrub
- English lavender (lavendula augustifolia)

I will keep my eyes out for you. People who live here are constantly coming up with ideas of how to keep the deer away, they are very common. One way that several use is to use a motion detector on a water sprinkler. When motion is detected, the animals get sprayed!

Best of luck, I know it can be a problem! :wink:
Feel free to drop in again anytime with questions or just to chat!

Val

S payne
Newly Registered

Thanks for the welcome and the tip. Shrubs may be a good alternative! I haden't given much thought to using them and a sprinkler sounds like an easy idea worth trying. Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions :D

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

No problem at all, that's why we're here! 8)
Feel free to stop back anytime! :wink:

Val

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

How about climbing roses? They may take a flower or two, but they won't eat much more...

Scott

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”