dasmodul
Newly Registered

Newbie: Need help with my new drip irrigation system.

Hi guys/gals,
I'm a newbie homeowner/gardener and just last weekend finally had someone install a drip irrigation system for me. Now my problem is I don't know how long or how to water. For the time being I could only afford to install one "Zone" or station for the drip system, the other two zone's on my controller are for my lawn grass. Anyway, on the drip zone, I have a couple of fruit trees, one shrub and two flower beds (I haven't installed the flowers yet). My question is, through my research it seems microsprays are best for flower beds (mine is 11' x 4' ) but the drip emitters are best for trees etc. If I install both varieties on that same zone, one is going to pump out a lot more water than the other so how do I set it so they all can stay on the same amount of time and water correctly? I know obviously the best way would be to have one zone for micro sprays and another for drip emitters, but I can't afford another station for the time being. Thanks in advance for your help!

- D

dasmodul
Newly Registered

No one?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I don't have a drip-irrigation system, so I'm not likely to be any help to you. However, it might be that the answer lies with the specific system you had installed. Did you get any manuals with it, or have you asked the person who installed it? Just some thoughts. [img]https://bestsmileys.com/clueless/4.gif[/img]

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”