Infest
Newly Registered

Where to find wine grape seeds?

Does anyone know where I can purchase wine grape seeds?

I have 3 empty spots in my garden that I would like to grow some.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Hi, Infest.

I changed the name of the thread so that people will give you better answers.

For help in choosing productive thread names, please see the Forum Guidelines at

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Gnome
Mod

Infest,

I'm almost certain that Grapes are propagated asexually for quality fruit. Seedlings will be extremely variable. I suggest you purchase a named variety of vine. I often see them for sale this time of year.

Norm

Infest
Newly Registered

ight thanks ill look into it.

thanks u 2

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have been making wine for 40 years. It is best to buy grape vines if you want to plant grapes. The vines will not produce much for a few years. I don' have enough land to grow my own so I get fruit from other folks. Buy the grape veriety for the wine you want to make. I like Merlot and Pinot Noir Red wines. If you want to make Merlot you get to buy Merlot grape vines and for Pinot Noir you need Pinot Noir grape vines. Plums make the very best white wine much better than white grapes. Persommons make an excellent white wine too. Pears make an very good white wine too. I made 5 gallons of Blackberry wine 3 years ago it is still aging that is the disadvantage to blackberry wine you have to age it for several years before it taste good. I have a good friend that is a wine judge he has been trying to get me to enter in wine in the contest for many years he claims I could wine, Best of Show. I refuse to give up 2 bottles of wine for a 1st Place Blue Ribbon and also I don't like being in the spot light. Over the years I have learned to make the alcohol content of my wine very low 6% to 8% that way I can drink more if it.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”