TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Why be nice? You're trying to sell oodles of products at your "blog" for inground swimming pools at a "green" gardening site??? Use of chemicals is discouraged here and to be quite blunt with you, most of the members here would opt for this type of a pool as opposed to your chemically dependent water anyway-
https://totalhabitat.com/P&P.html
https://www.gartenart.co.uk/

applestar
Mod

Lorax! You're a font of information!
I've been struggling with the dichotomy of wanting a good sized pond vs. knowing that my kids will want to "play" in it so I should REALLY go for an in-ground pool. For several years now, too, I've been looking at pond products, thinking "WHY do the FISH get naturally clean sparkling water while PEOPLE have to swim in chemicals?" I've also LOOKED for info about safety of those naturally sparkling waters for swimming in without finding ANY useful data. :roll: :lol:
I've bookmarked both links! :wink:
I think I should thank GreenT for bringing this up. 8)

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Have you read the medical journals on the potential consequences of kids swimming in chlorinated pools as opposed to natural pools? Interesting, very interesting. Native fish can't survive in those chemically laden pools so it sort of defies logic to think they'd be better for us than a natural pool.

Our kids swim in a natural pond not so dissimilar to the pools photographed at the links I provided above and they also swim in natural bodies of water. Much healthier for the kids than those chlorinated cesspools... which we do swim in when we're vacationing and at a hotel that has one.

If you go with a natural pond, your kids will love it. So much more visual interest in a natural pond than in the more traditional swimming pools.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”