socalgarden
Newly Registered

Schefflera lower leaves yellowing

Hello all,

I'm a new gardener but so far I've brought quite a few inherited dying plants back to life!

I have an outdoor deck. A schefflera I've had for about a year has some of its lower leaves - the umbrellas at the bottom of some branches - yellowing, though only in the veins and stems of the leaves; the rest of the leaves are still green. My first thought is I might be overwatering slightly, but I want to be sure.

I wait until the top inch of the soil is dry before watering, then water until it starts draining out the bottom. Last month I put a little Ironite into the soil, but not too much. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

I realy have no idea what this is, although I have seen similar stuff on my schefflera. My advice is, don't worry about it for now. Maybe it has to much sun? However, I would, instead of waiting until the surface is dry to water, water when it is almost, but not quite dry.
הדמיון הוא יותר חשוב מאשר ידע

socalgarden
Newly Registered

re: Schefflera

Thanks for the advice! I think I may have been overwatering just a bit, as I tried backing off somewhat these past few weeks and it seems to have calmed things down. But I will follow your advice on when to water.

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

Well, if your watering plan works just fine, then by all means keep at it. My advice is simply based on what works for me.
הדמיון הוא יותר חשוב מאשר ידע

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”