bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

I wouln't worry about it. The roots look healthy, and the tree seems fine. The bugs are likley to be a side effect of having the tree outside.

punkamafunk
Newly Registered

Thank you for the response. I figured my baby would get some bugs with it being outside but I will be going back to college in a month and the tree will remain inside my dorm room for the rest of the school year. I plan on repotting the plant into a smaller pot toi conserve space in the next few weeks. I was wondering what the necessary steps would be for taking the plant inside as to avoid shocking it.

Also is that smell normal?

punkamafunk
Newly Registered

I noticed my leaves are starting to yellow.

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

Yellow leafs are probably the result of over watering. Let the soil become bearly damp before you water it. Also, I the smell is probably normal (remember, legumes have a sybiotic relationship with a species of nitrogen-fixing bacteria).
I plan on repotting the plant into a smaller pot toi conserve space in the next few weeks. I was wondering what the necessary steps would be for taking the plant inside as to avoid shocking it.
To do this, you would take it from its current pot when the soil is just only damp, remove the soil, trim its roots, place it in the smaller pot, and fill it with fresh soil. Do this when the tree is not actively growing.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”