BEEMERW

BONSAI SOIL, POTS, SEEDS, SUPPLIES: QUESTIONS

What is the best, most inexpensive Bonsai soil you have bought online? Where and for how much? What kind of generic blend is best universally? Poundage of soil versus quarts of soil? I think everyone could benefit to hear this. Same with pots. supplies

I myself like Amazon, but the shipping and handling is the problem. Seed you can find deals. Even plants. But amazon looks good. I have used Whatcom Seed Company, Bonsai Boy, eve's Garden, Hirt's Garden, and Joe Bonsai But ........

I am asking people out there in bonsai world. I do not know truly what soil is best :10% this or 20% that or if there is a universal Bonsai soil for every Bonsai to be happy since yes bonsai's have , (at least mine do) react to things like we do. they react to certain change and temperature and yes too much fertilizer and to little water and so the soil....

ok I have 5 live plants and 4 pots with seeds and 5 year old twins about to be on summer break. They love to see the bonsai's my mother in law hates them which is why I am looking also for poly-eurithane shelving. I think I may look at home depot fot a book shelf. They can custom buld it for outside and then I can get a screen for the winter.

so any shelfing ideas?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Barb,

There can be no one universal bonsai soil as there are far too many variables involved. For example, the species in question, your location, the size of the pot, desired watering schedule just for starters. I do not purchase my soil but instead mix my own. I realize though that not everyone is inclined to undertake this. I don't think you are too far away from [url=https://www.shadysidebonsai.com/id15.html]Shady Side Bonsai[/url] so shipping should not be too bad.

As far as shelving I am using concrete blocks and planks, not very attractive but functional. My local Lowes has a product that is more of a kit used to fabricate utility shelving. The components are some sort of plastic. You can vary the dimensions depending upon the lumber you choose.

Norm

BEEMERW

Thank you. The soil I will first check out, definitely. The Joe Bonsai came in a very small package and only fit in a 6 inch pot. But that truly helped my Wisteria, so the mix was good.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”