Cuidobons
Newly Registered

New Bonsai identification

Hello everyone!

I am really hoping someone will be able to help me with identifying my new bonsai tree so that I can properly care for it. I received it as a gift from my girlfriend and it has come with a plant passport, stating that it is a portulacaria type.

However, from the small amount of research that I have done, it seems to me that the leaves are a lot different to most others, so I am hoping one of you knowledgeable people out there can confirm whether it is or not, please? And if not, do you know which type of Bonsai it is?

I have attached some photos of the tree itself, its leaves and the passport, I hope they are useful.

Thank you much in advance for any help or advice, I really appreciate it :-()

Mark
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 11.01.06.png
Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 11.01.14.png
Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 11.01.21.png
Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 11.01.29.png
Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 11.01.36.png
Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 11.01.43.png

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum!

I don't grow those, but it looks like a type of jade plant, as it says it is. There are many varieties, and a lot of info about it on the internet. Someone with more info on them will chime in here, I'm sure. It looks like you have the pot resting in water, and I would take that out - I do know that they don't need a lot of water, from when my Mom kept one, and that might not be good for it. And even Mom couldn't kill it, so they must be relatively easy to keep! :lol:

Cuidobons
Newly Registered

pepperhead212 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:32 am
Welcome to the forum!

I don't grow those, but it looks like a type of jade plant, as it says it is. There are many varieties, and a lot of info about it on the internet. Someone with more info on them will chime in here, I'm sure. It looks like you have the pot resting in water, and I would take that out - I do know that they don't need a lot of water, from when my Mom kept one, and that might not be good for it. And even Mom couldn't kill it, so they must be relatively easy to keep! :lol:

Hello! Thank you for replying to me so quickly. :D

Hopefully it is what it says it is, I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Thanks for your advice, although don’t worry, it’s just in an old, empty Tupperware (with no water) until I find a better dish. The pot has holes in the bottom and I was just trying to be proactive for when I do water it!

That fills me with more confidence at least, although a my Mum did once kill a bonsai of my Dad’s by overwatering! Definitely trying not to repeat that ha ha.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”