Moneo
Newly Registered

Chinese sweet plum bonsai crispy leaves

Hello guys,

I have Chinese sweet plum bonsai tree, about one year old. It's been doing amazing on my north facing windowsill, I check it daily for watering, mist it every morning and evening (because it's summer now), prune it about once a week/2 weeks just to keep the nice shape, fertilise about 2 times a month.. and overall everyone who saw it says that it looks really amazing and it is obvious I take a really good care of it.

But about a month ago I noticed some green stuff on the soil (akadama/kiodama soil mix). It didn't really look like a mould, but I said to myself I will lower the watering for next few days so if it is a mould, it will dry out. But it looks like my whole tree dried out, because the leaves are all crispy (though still green, just few turned yellow) and if I shake the tree a bit or even just touch it, the leaves are falling down. I went back to my watering routine immediately, but nothing seems to change after 3 weeks...

I really really love my bonsai, but could you tell me the truth - is it dead? :-(

Regards

Moneo, London UK
Attachments
IMG_20180825_072807.jpg

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”