KmtConan
Newly Registered

Juniper yellowing from the base of the branches.

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm sure that this question has been answered dozens of times bu now, but I have a small juniperus communus that was collected earlier this spring. The soil is a blend of granite grit, black lava grit and some of the soil from the collection site to encourage the growth of mycellium.

When I collected the tree most of the folliage was green wih a couple of yellow spots on the inner branches. In the 2 and a half months I have had it more of the inner foliage has turned yellow and ultimately a redish brown. Initially I thought it may have been the tree thinning out older foliage in response to reduced root mass. Despite the color all of he branches still remain soft and supple.

Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Current picture
Current picture
Picture when collected.
Picture when collected.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Sorry, but your tree is likely dying or dead. Junipers die in slow motion from the inside out. By the time they are showing much yellowing, they are probably goners.

Junipers usually die when kept indoors.

imafan26
Mod

Junipers are not indoor plants, they need to be outdoors. There are fungi and some insect that can cause leaves to brown from the inside out. Most of the browning is not curable and eventually, most of the plants will die.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”