zeeshan112
Cool Member

Dwarf jade losing leaves and drying up

Hi guys,

I am a newbie and I have attempted to convert my dwarf jade to a bonsai. I have been taking care of all the parameters but it does seem to lose its leaves gradually. The leaves keep dropping off. Also, it has happened twice that the stem became extremely dry at one point and dropped off from that point. Please see the yellow highlighted portion in the pic. Any idea what is going wrong here?

Thanks!
Attachments
dward jade.jpg

evtubbergh
Green Thumb

That looks like insect or fungal infection. If you thought it needed more water and watered it more then that would make it worse. I would look for insects and make sure it has enough sunlight and airflow. You could spray with neem to help it with both possible problems.

Your trimming may have caused the plant to be less effective at fighting off infection. I would maybe also cut back behind where stems are affected and remove them to stop the spread if a fungal infection.

zeeshan112
Cool Member

It probably was an infection, the plant is gone now, all the leaves and branches fell off gradually and I could do nothing to save it :(

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”