I have a few small concerns.
- The leaves that are growing in have a brown color at the tips, and the more mature leaves have some brown around the edges.
- One limb of the tree is very curved, which I'm not sure is healthy or not.
- Some of the leaves have little yellow spots/holes, which may be from bugs but I'm not sure. I hardly ever see bugs on it. Also, many of the leaves have a warped/twisted appearance.
My tree is a magnolia sapling from the (semi) wild. I've been caring for it for a little over a week now. It's potted in a "self-watering" container which I water from the bottom (let me know if that's the right thing to do ^^').
- I water it with tap water whenever the soil at the top starts feeling dry, which is every few days.
- It's planted in standard potting soil.
- It sits on the front porch under an overhang, where it gets morning sun from the east and shade for the rest of the day.
- It gets windy, which I am somewhat worried about because it's still very young and twiggy.
If any of you botanical brains could help out a black thumb, I would be very grateful! I will attach some pictures, and give me your thoughts.