Graham97
Newly Registered

Bonsai Leaves Browning - Doing Something Wrong?

Hi

I bought this bonsai tree 3 days ago and have been following all the instructions I was given but I noticed some of the leaves are turning brown. Is this bc its becoming fall or bc I'm doing something wrong. I water once every other day and the soil is always moist it also has indirect sunlight.
Attachments
image.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Do you know what kind of tree you have?

I can't see any browning leaves in the picture. The lighter green ones in the back might be new(er) growth, which would be a good thing.

Where are you located?

Welcome!

Graham97
Newly Registered

I actually don't know what kind it is bc I threw away the label like an idiot bc it had the price on it. I will add some more pictures of the leaves I'm concerned about tomorrow.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

To ID it some overall pics that are not top down would help too.

Since you just bought it, you could go back to where you got it and see if they have others still with the label on or if they can ID yours. It is very hard to know how to take care of your tree without knowing what kind of tree it is. Different trees have very different care requirements.

imafan26
Mod

You should always water as needed. If that plant is indoors it may not dry out as fast as a tree outside. Use the chopstick method to see when it is time to water. Most bonsai do better outside.

Graham97
Newly Registered

Here are some more photos I will be able to go back where I bought it Friday and id it. The person I bought it from said it would do fine inside but that could be the reason
Attachments
These are some of the leaves I was talking about they are dead at the tips
These are some of the leaves I was talking about they are dead at the tips
image.jpeg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Just bumping this... anyone have an ID of this bonsai tree?

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”