Clarage
Newly Registered

New bonsai owner in need of desperate help-(Serissa)

Hi,

I got a bonsai tree as a present for christmas. It is called Tree of a Thousand stars and flowers little white flowers.

I did look after a bonsai tree for a friend and all went well, however my bonsai is slowly dying and I am not really sure what I have done.

The booklet said to water it every 2-3 days in the winter but it gets so dry that I have been watering it every day. I am also unsure about how warm the room should be?

Thanks
Claire :)

ajaifel
Newly Registered

how do you mean dying slowly? is it losing leaves, is it over watered as that can also kill it
what you should try is leaving it somewhere not near a radiator or this will dry it out
try misting it every couple of times a day, give it as much light as possible because it is a tropical plant
and get a misting tray as the moisture is probably to low for the plant

this is a good start although don't move it from somewhere warm to somewhere cool as it has already gone through quite a shocking ride on its way to you and don't prune it heavily as that could finish it off

just a few things

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Claire,

The name you cited is one of the common names for Serissa foetida Look here for some tips on keeping them. They can be a difficult specimen for beginners to manage.
[url]https://www.bonsai4me.com/SpeciesGuide/Serissa.html[/url]

Also you cannot water on a schedule, this is bad advice. please read the sticky thread on general care that is located at the top of the bonsai forum.

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”