Driver170

Leaf burn

Not sure if this is leaf burn. You can see the top leaf has slight brown in it.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

imafan26
Mod

How long have the plants been under the lights? If it has been there a while like weeks or months it is unlikely to be leaf burn. If it is more recent then it could be.

Driver170

Since Jan 2015 this year. One small leaf fell off and this was crispy brown and curled up

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Driver170,

I don't see anything that would bother me. One dropped leaf is no cause for concern.

imafan26
Mod

I agree with Gnome. The plant looks healthy and the new leaves are coming out. You said since Jan 2015. Di you mean Jan 2016?

Driver170

Yes sorry guys lol 2016.

The leafs on top are slightly brown specks on it. Just a few though!

applestar
Mod

I can't spot the specks. :|

If you mean the slight overall red/brown/bronze tinge to the youngest topmost leaf, I'm seeing similar coloring to my new avocado leaves that are right under the lights. For avocados at least, this is normal when they are outside even in part shade, and its the unbronzed ones that I think ain't getting enough light. (Just a thought, since I don't know what your plant is.)

If there ARE actual brown/tan/light green colored or waxy specks, especially along the leaf ribs topside or bottom or along the stems, this plant looks like a typical victim to scale insects. So you may want to examine closely for them. (I'm dealing with them on some of my citruses right now. Some leaves have dropped because they clustered and sucked the life out of the leaf petiole.)

-- but it's also true that one or two to a few leaves (especially older leaves) dropping per week isn't always a concern, especially during winter or just before or during new flush of growth --

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”