Spider
Newly Registered

Carmona Bonsai eaten leaves problem, HELP!

Hi,

I'm new around here and also new in the bonsai world.
I've bought a Carmona bonsai a couple of weeks ago, the tree was looking good till now. Some of the leaves looks like eaten and cut neatly on a straight line with the border black. It seems like some insect but the plant look clear from animals, parasite and spider webs.

Can anyone identify the problem and help me fix it before my tree dies?

here is a couple of pictures:

thanks!

Spider
Last edited by Spider on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spider
Newly Registered

here 2 more picture of one leaf, in the back there are some small white areas and some very small orange spots (pic 1)

Spider

Demosouthpaw
Cool Member

Spider wrote:Hi,

I'm new around here and also new in the bonsai world.
I've bought a Carmona bonsai a couple of weeks ago, the tree was looking good till now. Some of the leaves looks like eaten and cut neatly on a straight line with the border black. It seems like some insect but the plant look clear from animals, parasite and spider webs.

Can anyone identify the problem and help me fix it before my tree dies?

here is a couple of pictures:

thanks!

Spider

Good evening OP,

First off Carmona Retusa or Fukien Tea are notorious for getting heavily infested with ants, this is due to aphids. Where there are aphids there is bound to be other little critters lurking about. Beetles tend to be the number one culprit when leaves go missing. I would recommend closely examining your leaves both top and bottom, the nature of Camona is to grow nice dense clusters of leaves, while this is aesthetically pleasing it can harbor various pests within its canopies. My advice neem oil regularly twice a week even if not needed. At best youll get a nice leaf shine, at worse.....I cant think of anything.

I've attached a picture of one of my Carmona's enjoy ;)
Attachments
IMG_20150716_173214.jpg

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”