Kim&Terry
Newly Registered

36 yo Juniper browning on the tips

Our tree is starting to grow brown on the tips. I water them 3 times a day with a light mist. We used to keep it indoors and water it using a spray bottle (back in Lemoore, California --> Near Fresno, Ca.) spraying it once a day. Now that we are in Sacramento, we keep it outside and use a hose (set on mist) and spray 3 times a day. Am I watering it too much or too little?

P.S. My husband accidentally tripped on it during our move last month, knocking the tree out of the soil. We quickly put it back together, but I'm hoping that this isn't the reason it's browning. It still looks good (see picture), but how do I get it back to it's green self?
Attachments
36 yo Juniper Bonsai
36 yo Juniper Bonsai

imafan26
Mod

When was it last repotted? Juniper is not a houseplant, it really likes to be outside in the sun. Misting it three times a day may just promote fungal infections.

If it has not been repotted in a couple of years it may be time. Trim off the dead parts and harden it off and put it out in the sun as soon as it has had a chance to adjust from the repotting.

https://www.plantpath.ksu.edu/doc753.ashx

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”