tommywing

Now all the leaves are falling off!

ynot
Greener Thumb

I am not sure what to say about the blackness of the leaves just yet.

Possibly fungal or related to the treatment of the mites....?

ynot

tommywing

As far as I'm aware the leaves go like that if I'm not watering it properly, but as you say it could be fungus.

The soil is quite solid, so it is hard to work out how damp it really is.

I'll keep this topic going and see if there are any developments.

Haven't seen a mite for ages though.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

tommywing,

I am not able to identify your problem either. Have you seen [url=https://www.bonsai4me.com/SpeciesGuide/Serissa.html]this?[/url] Harry notes that this species can drop their leaves if moved about. As you have found they also have a reputation for being difficult to keep. Make sure that you do not overcompensate with your watering. The tree will use much less water until it leafs out again. Sorry that we have not been of more assistance to you. Please let us know what you discover and if it recovers.

Norm

tommywing

Yes I did read that gnome, thanks, as far as I can gather leaf dropping is sort of like a three year old throwing a tantrum!

I'll do my best to kee it happy, perhaps give it a week without any interference and see how that affects it.

It gets plenty of sun and I think I've clipped all the dead/superflous growth, so provided there is not something grim lurking beneath the soil, time and patience should be the best medicine.

thanks as always!

ynot
Greener Thumb

But as far as I'm aware the leaves go like that if I'm not watering it properly, but as you say it could be fungus.
..Or even just throwing a fit as mentioned. All are possibilities, I wish I had the answer for you.
The soil is quite solid, so it is hard to work out how damp it really is.
You might want to check out the sticky on soil to see how your soil stacks up compared to what is described/pictured there.
I'll keep this topic going and see if there are any developments.
8)
Haven't seen a mite for ages though.
:D:D
time and patience should be the best medicine.
Yep, Always a key factor.

Keep us posted man [I like info :P ;)]

Good luck

ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”