Coolness
Newly Registered

need help in identifying Bonsai

Hi, I would appreciate it if anyone can I'D this bonsai? I received it as a gift and I don't want to kill it. Thank you in advance.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Its a juniper cutting. It belongs outdoors. You need to amend your signature to include where you are growing.

You'll also need to learn how to water your cutting.

Coolness
Newly Registered

Thanks! The area I live in can get pretty hot during the summer (around100 degrees F average) will It be safe?

tomc
Super Green Thumb

It really is an outdoors tree. It will tolerate some afternoon shade (outdoors). Indoors will alow you to under water. it'll die and turn brown three months later.

Better to water twice a day in summer, than every other day indoors where it is dry enough to dessicate the tree. Junipers' (or any evergreen for that matter) strength is its evergreen unchanging nature. Its weakness is its evergreen unchanging nature. Get a fig as a mate for your juniper.

Your odds with a new tree are a bit below 50-50 outdoors. And about 5 % indoors.

The learning library ahould have a FAQ about chop-stick watering system.

imafan26
Mod

Remember since the tree has been indoors it will need to be hardened off or it will burn. Most bonsai are really happier kept outside than in a house.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”