DanielSan
Newly Registered

I'll take more pictures when I find my camera charger!

Its not black spot at least it doesnt look fungal to me, and I look at fungus on a regular basis :)

The garden centre I bought it from had them in a large rather chilly! greenhouse and when I got it the soil was practically sand it was so dry although I have a feeling that I am to blame for its demise because its got a lot MORE yellow leaves now :/

How come I can grow the most complicated stem cells that require 8 different hormones in different concentrations yet when it comes to a relatively simple plant it goes pear shaped! Need more practice :)

Cheers for the help.

ynot
Greener Thumb

DanielSan wrote:I'll take more pictures when I find my camera charger!
..Excellent [And I understand that 'Where did I put that?...' feeling.]
Its not black spot at least it doesnt look fungal to me, and I look at fungus on a regular basis :)
Cool.
The garden centre I bought it from had them in a large rather chilly! greenhouse and when I got it the soil was practically sand it was so dry although I have a feeling that I am to blame for its demise because its got a lot MORE yellow leaves now :/
How chilly? Harry Harrington refers to ulmus bonsai being hardy to -23C [That's not a typo it -10F]
I am not confident the temps were an issue... The watering [Or lack of - potentially] seems a more likely culprit.
How come I can grow the most complicated stem cells that require 8 different hormones in different concentrations yet when it comes to a relatively simple plant it goes pear shaped! Need more practice :)
Yep, It's all about the practice 8)

ynot

DanielSan
Newly Registered

Its been outside now for the last few days, enjoying the sunshine no doubt, I'm being carefull watering it, I think its picking up, hard to say...

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”