Ok, so i bought a Bonsai Tree from my local Wal-Mart today and was wondering a couple things.
The bag-thing it came in said to soak it once a week 3/4 of the way up the pot, using fertilizer only once every 2 weeks.
1. What kind of Bonsai did i purchase? Every employee i asked didn't know and it didn't say on the package...
2. How do i change pots in which it grows? I REALLY like the rock setting it has right now, but iv been reading a bit around here and was told the glued-together-rock thing isn't good for the plant itself, and that it will take away from the nutrients and water that the plant gets...
And honestly, i don't like the cheap plastic tray it has at the moment....
3. Where can i find detailed information on when/how to change it's appearance using wires?
Im completely new to plants, this is honestly my very first plant...
I live with my parents and they are both avid plant growers, but neither of them have ever owned a Bonsai.
4. Is their anything that i might need besides what i have currently in the pictures i provided?
5. What type of soil, fertilizer and pot should i be looking to get to keep my Bonsai healthy?
6. Is it ok to sit in my room window in the light (but not direct sunshine)?
It's summer here in Alberta, although it's not that hot - i worry about going to work and leaving it in the window like in my pictures....
Please help me with anything that i should know, i really want to keep this alive and healthy for as long as i can....
Thanks ALOT for reading, and/or responding.
ANY help is greatly appreciated.
Here are the pictures: