tomubabu
Newly Registered

Help we moved a bonsai tree

Ok, I am reposting my earlier request:

Last fall we moved approximately 5 miles from our old house and took our bonsai tree with us. We live in the unincorporated area of Adams County, which is on the outskirts of Denver, Colorado. There is no difference in climate. The tree seemed to be doing well during fall. However, this winter brough lots of snow to the area. We had a company move the tree and I'm not sure what prep they did to it before the move. We did however, water every day during the fall to keep the ground moist. Lately, the pines are now turning brown. Is there anything we can do or is this normal? The tree is about 4 feet tall and has been in our care for approximately 35 years old. It has been at least 4-5 years since the needles were last thinned. We don't have a picture, but we will ask our grandkids to come and take one and will eventually post. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do, if anything?
Last edited by tomubabu on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ynot
Greener Thumb

Re: moved a bonsai tree

tomubabu wrote:Last fall we moved and took our bonsai tree with us. The tree seemed to be doing well all fall and through the winter. Lately, the pines are now turning brown. Is there anything we can do or is this normal? The tree is about 4 feet tall and is approximately 35 years old. Anyone have suggestions?
Hello tomubabu,

Welcome to the forum.

In order for us to effectively offer suggestions a few more details would be required.
IE: Moved how far?
From where?
What where the differences in climate?
What acclimation and subsequent winter protection did you provide it?
What prep did you do with the tree wrt the move?
Do you have a single tree or several? ['Pines'...?]
How long have you had this tree in your care?
When were the needles last thinned?

As you can see, Due to the amount of info we are working with...Any guess from here would be exactly that...

A guess.

Any of the above blanks you could fill in [And any additional info] would help us help you.

Know what I mean 8).

Pictures would also be extremely helpful. [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3557]Effective photo tips.[/url]

ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”