ynot
Greener Thumb

cobra 198 wrote: O, I thought you were talking about the roots closer to the center of the ball. From what I can recall the roots were lighter in the center when I cut them. The roots were pretty firm, and not slimy also. So far all the plants seem to be responding pretty well (atleast from what I can tell). The brush cherry is loosing a few leaves, but nothing too crazy at the moment.... I have my fingers crossed!
No prob, Text communication doesn't always emphasize the same portions of the sentence when being read as was intended when written you know...:shrug:
[A little extra effort communicating from each of us and it is all sorted out- 8).]

Lighter in the center of the roots & firm is exactly what I meant. :D
I understand, thanks for being honest cause thats the best way for me to learn. Now I have a better idea about how much to remove, and wont get carried away hopefully! :)
Thanks!
Yep, You will make your share of mistakes [Just like all of us do :evil: & Then there is the stuff that is out of our control....:roll: :lol:]

The key is to try not to repeat them...lol. I am pretty lucky in this way actually as I keep coming up with new inventive ways to kill trees...;) :lol:

Keep us posted ok :)

ynot

cobra198
Newly Registered

cobra 198

Hola again! Thought id give an update regarding these two little guys since its been a while (things have been pretty crazy as usual).

Anyhoo, my juniper bit the dust. It slowly kept getting more brown and crispy by the day. Its strange since I kept a pretty close eye on them, being sure to keep it moist. O well, my first casualty! :shock: I remember reading that a juniper can be dead for a while before ever showing signs.

As for the little brush cherry, he is doing great. A while back, shortly after the soil change and root prune, it began to loose some leafs. Shortly after that buds appeared and new leafs filled in the spaces so its all good!
I have been thinking that when the time is right (probably spring) I'm thinking of doing a drastic trimming. Will a bonsai like this brush cherry be likely to backbud nicely, or should I not trim that drastically?

Maybe ill post a pic to show an example of where I was thinking of making the cuts- that is if it will backbud.

Well, thats my update! Hope all is well!

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”