smurf

japenese juniper soil?

I have fireshade- a bunck small rocks- for future reference when I plant do I plant in just that or is there something I need to mix with it and how much if I do mix something in it

ynot
Greener Thumb

smurf wrote:I have fireshade- a bunck small rocks- for future reference when I plant do I plant in just that or is there something I need to mix with it and how much if I do mix something in it
.....:? What?

ynot

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Smurf,

Could this perhaps be "fired shale"? This is one of my primary inorganic components, the other being lava rock. I have also used Turface before but cannot locate a local source to purchase it in bulk.

Norm

ynot
Greener Thumb

I think smurf seeks a soil mix...But it's a bit like saying 'I am going on vacation, what do I wear?'....

Help us out a bit here and meet us halfway wrt information smurf.

I know it's a juniper & your in California..What else? I have no idea where your starting from? Your tree lives out side right? etc etc etc-

The questions I could ask go on forever so help us out here

Have you read the forum stickys? Done any research?- I know nothing about what you know so far...Know what I mean?

ynot

smurf

I am sorry for the confusion
I have two small bags of soil
-double screened soil 70% aggregate-haydite, fired clay and bedrock
30%organic-pine bark mulch
-I also have a bag of just haydite-fired shale
once again are these for mixing your own soil or can I just put the soil in the pot as it is?
I have read quite a few pages on how to repot and I'm pretty sure I can do it right, I'm not doing it yet this is just for future reference and yes my tree is outside like trees should be

ynot
Greener Thumb

smurf wrote:I am sorry for the confusion
8) Appreciate the additional info.

I would use the 70/30 mix- As is. Though I would screen it again to insure that your not using the fines.

Does it seem to have many of those?

I have read quite a few pages on how to repot and I'm pretty sure I can do it right, I'm not doing it yet this is just for future reference and yes my tree is outside like trees should be
Ok, Good. It really is easier to do than to describe. :D

ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”