The Ficus Guy

jkelso123 wrote:Well its dieing faster outside then it was inside
Fine, bring it indoors. It'll die either way, sorry. No trees were meant to live indoors.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

jkelso123,
Well I guess its just gonna have to be inside. I mean I'm tryn wat yall have said but its just getn worse...Well its dieing faster outside then it was inside
Once the leaves of a Maple get like that they are not going to recover, that particular leaf is damaged for good. My Maples tend to get a little ratty by midsummer and this year was worse than usual.

Not being from your climate I'm afraid that I can't offer much other than to suggest a more sheltered location. Keep it watered properly but don't try to overcompensate by watering too frequently. You may have to resign yourself to the possibility that you have chosen a species that is ill suited to your climate.

Don't give up on bonsai though, do some more research and try again. We all kill trees. I lost some this year, it happens.

Norm

jkelso123

Well surprisingly, its doin a hell of alot better! It has even started buding :D I just wish some of the leafs werent all crispy at the ends.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”