ynot
Greener Thumb

sailfins wrote:I repotted the trees.You were right about the organics.Way Too much potting soil.I am uploading a bunch of pictures.I will show you what I did.
Any potting soil is too much IMO. I am unsure if I interpret this correctly but you may not be clear on what we refer to as 'organics'.
IE: The bark in your pot is an organic component of your soil, The Pearlite is inorganic.

For bonsai 'soil' purposes consider anything that was once living as organic {IE: Bark}, While things that were never alive are inorganic {IE: Lava rock, Haydite, Akadama, Grit, etc..}

I just wanted to clarify that.

Can you possibly resize that picture that is MASSIVE and causing the need to horizontally scroll please.
Ok here we go.After thinking it over I decided to repot.I used alot more potting soil and peat than I should have and never screened and sifted it corectly.This is what I dumped out.
I am glad you dumped out what was in there, It does look like a soupy mess :evil: and you can see what happens wrt drainage and the drainage holes.

ynot

sailfins

no,but I can remove them

ynot
Greener Thumb

sailfins wrote:no,but I can remove them
Hey man,

:shock: No need for that

You can use https://get-irfanview.com/ to resize them, It's free and easy to use. :D

ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”