gale1992
Newly Registered

Bonsai Identification

Hi, My name is Gale and I live in Ireland. I have a few bonsai that I got from my late grandmother (who lived in Scotland), but I don't know what type they are. If I send pictures of them could anyone identify them for me? Thanks, Gale.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Absolutely. Your best bet is to use a hosting site (like photobucket) that allows you to embed the image directly in the body of posts.

gale1992
Newly Registered

I'm not sure how to do that. I could send you the pictures by email, or if your on facebook I could post them.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Please read New to Helpful Gardener? There's lots of good stuff there, including under Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members, detailed instructions for posting photos here. You will get lots more people looking at it if you post it here, than if you try to send it privately to someone.

gale1992
Newly Registered

[img]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... =3&theater[/img]
I don't know, I can't make it work. My laptop won't upload to photobucket.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

It has to be a direct link to a jpg, which won't work. In any event, this one looks to be a red JM, Acer palmatum atropurpureum. Although, for styling advice, you'd need to post pics of the tree at eye level, preferably from front, back, and both sides. The soil looks to me to be a little too much like traditional potting soil. While, IME, JMs will take this well in deep pots, they sometimes do respond well to it in shallow pots, and not well at all to high peat mixes.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”