rjj

Trident Maples Blooming

2 of my tridents are blooming and setting seed right now. Guess I'll get to play with the seed next spring. :wink:

These are some of the trees I'm growing out to trunk chop down the road.

[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/rjj/trident%20maple/4307a.jpg[/img]

Don't know if this wasp is working blooms or looking for the pollinators for a quick meal.

[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/rjj/trident%20maple/4307b.jpg[/img]

randy

ynot
Greener Thumb

Randy,

Great Pictures :!: Thanks for posting these.

I am just about to head out to see if my [Half an hour away in the ground ] tridents have broke bud yet.

ynot

BTW: Quarter sized hail here today :shock:

constantstaticx3
Green Thumb

Great pics Randy! High quality. I hope to see updates on all your trees soon, I'd like to see them in leaf.

Ynot, I see your getting some nasty storms over there today. Tornados!! :shock: be careful. Also just wondering why your trees are planted in the ground a half hour away? Do you have to houses or something?

My tridents have broke bud and, as you may remember from BC that the squirrels have defoliated my newest addition.

Tom

ynot
Greener Thumb

constantstaticx3 wrote:
Ynot, I see your getting some nasty storms over there today. Tornados!! :shock: be careful. Also just wondering why your trees are planted in the ground a half hour away? Do you have to houses or something?
Well, I have Trees here, Trees there...8) :lol:
We actually had quarter sized hail falling for about ten minutes just after seven This morn.. :shock: Actually had to bring a few things inside.
My tridents have broke bud and, as you may remember from BC that the squirrels have defoliated my newest addition.
Your Tridents are leafing out 8)! Yeah, squirrels SUCK :evil:

My tridents are not busted out yet, But the Silver [Or are they Red- Can't recall :oops: ] Maples are budding like crazy.

ynot

constantstaticx3
Green Thumb

Yea I think since I kept my tridents in my garage this year so when I brought them out the sun just bursted the buds :D . Other than that everything else is slow at budding out. It's supposed to freeze later this week but I put them close to my house and they get some heat seeping out so that helps, tridents are tough anyway so it really shouldn't phase them.

Tom

Petra26
Cool Member

wow beautiful. randy, that's some awesome picture taking skills aswell :D

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”