JoeLewko
Green Thumb

(A long overdue) Update

ok so it's been really long since i've been on this forum (i haven't had a spare minute in months), and i've been really busy, but things are somewhat winding down, so i ahve time for some updates. (i know ynot has asked :wink: )

First, as for my ficus, i really haven't had the time i would like to devote to the tree. However, int he coming months, i feel i will be able to let it grow out, and find a direction for the tree.

As for the boxwood, i like the shape it has, but I'm going to let it grow more this year, increasing the size, while still keeping the shape. I may also repot it this year, I'm not sure yet. If i do, i will post pics.

Third, and most recently, today i went to home depot, and thehy had a large selection of boxwoods. I bought one for 5.99, and I'm not sure how to shape it. I plan to repot it this week, and at the same time do soem trimming. I will post pics tomorrow (i didn't have a chance to take any tonight, it got dark...). i will post those pics on this thread, and i ask for any ideas please.

Joe

ynot
Greener Thumb

Re: (A long overdue) Update

JoeLewko wrote:. I will post pics tomorrow (I didn't have a chance to take any tonight, it got dark...).
Joe
Joe, I am expecting full updates of everything. In their respective threads. 8)

BTW ~ 'Getting dark' is the lamest excuse possible:roll: for not taking pictures, It never 'gets dark' inside a house. :P

Bring them in and take some pictures, Good ones to.

...Or I guess we will wait... :twisted:

until tomorrow.

An update is nothing with no pictures :(

ynot

JoeLewko
Green Thumb

Re: (A long overdue) Update

ynot wrote:
JoeLewko wrote:. I will post pics tomorrow (I didn't have a chance to take any tonight, it got dark...).
Joe
Joe, I am expecting full updates of everything. In their respective threads. 8)

BTW ~ 'Getting dark' is the lamest excuse possible:roll: for not taking pictures, It never 'gets dark' inside a house. :P

Bring them in and take some pictures, Good ones to.

...Or I guess we will wait... :twisted:

until tomorrow.

An update is nothing with no pictures :(

ynot
you're right i can make a ton of excuses, maybe i am just lazy :)

Gnome
Mod

Joe,

Good to see you back here. I look forward to seeing your updates.

Norm

ynot
Greener Thumb

Re: (A long overdue) Update ~ New excuses needed

JoeLewko wrote:
you're right I can make a ton of excuses, maybe I am just lazy :)
:Gets out sharp stick and pokes it at Joe:

Maybe?...Come on, It's almost three weeks later...

Where are the updates? The non-parenthetical portion of the title of this thread is not yet accurate. [And by that I mean pictures you know 8).]

[The Kingsville Boxwood, That onion shaped ficus you were going to repot and wanted styling options for, Are you ever going to attempt to style that juniper? Are there others?]

I did ask you [Among others] for updates via PM and you started this thread so....Bring 'em on.

Photo them, Post the before and afters {Since what..September or so right?} in their respective threads and lets check them out.
First, as for my ficus, I really haven't had the time I would like to devote to the tree. However, int he coming months, I feel I will be able to let it grow out, and find a direction for the tree.
Let's see how it has progressed and what you have to work with.
As for the boxwood, I like the shape it has, but I'm going to let it grow more this year, increasing the size, while still keeping the shape. I may also repot it this year, I'm not sure yet. If I do, I will post pics.
I am bit unclear on what your looking to do in the red sentence above, 'Increase the size'... of what specifically? While still retaining it's shape.
~ Those two things don't happen simultaneously.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ynot

JoeLewko
Green Thumb

:Gets out sharp stick and pokes it at Joe:
Ow... :wink: alright, alright this weekend i have time so i'll do everything.

Quote:

As for the boxwood, I like the shape it has, but I'm going to let it grow more this year, increasing the size, while still keeping the shape. I may also repot it this year, I'm not sure yet. If I do, I will post pics.
I am bit unclear on what your looking to do in the red sentence above, 'Increase the size'... of what specifically? While still retaining it's shape.

er..increasing the density/girth of the canopy while retaining the actual shape of the canopy in the end (you'll see what i mean when i post pics, i promise).

Sorry for taking forever

Joe

ynot
Greener Thumb

JoeLewko wrote:
JoeLewko wrote: er..increasing the density/girth of the canopy while retaining the actual shape of the canopy in the end (you'll see what I mean when I post pics, I promise).
~ Ok, Now that you have changed the statement slightly to include 'in the end'...
I suspect that you [awkwardly :?] refer to increasing the overall size of the silhouette of the tree.
This is not as simple as putting the branch tips farther from the trunk.

A Virt may help to explain your goals {Although if I understand them correctly then no need for a virt as it is pretty self explanatory, If I have them wrong however...Help us out..}, However I am more interested in how your going to actually do it.

I look forward to seeing what the steps are that you have planned to get you to your design goals wrt this tree.
As well as updated pictures of the ficus to compare with the older photos and check out your progress.

It sounds as though you have much to tell us about this trees future.

ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”