dfacdude99
Newly Registered

tipr turning brown

I have a Green Mound Junpier Bonsai it looks like an evergreen tree. and the tips on top of the tree are turning brown and the plant top feels brittle to the touch. I water it everyday and put in the fertilizer I bought for to the letter and I also mist it everyday but it hasn't soften up or turned green again I don't know what to do to make it green again before the browning goes farther . This is my second Bonsai tree. Please some one help me save it..... :(

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Junipers belong outside. Period. Unless it's in a greenhouse (unheated), junipers will not survive indoors. The first response we usually get here is, "But the guy said it's fine indoors." He lied. Through his teeth. To make a sale. It's unfortunate, I know. Bottom line? We don't make money off our advice, he does.

Soooo... place this one outside, or give it to someone who can keep it outside. If you still want a tree that you can grow indoors, you might consider Baby Jade, Ficus benjamina, and FIcus retusa.

It you ARE already keeping it outside... Well, that's a quandry. Usually, outdoor kept junipers that fail do so for two reasons, too much water, or poor soil. Any organics in a Juniper mix should be minimally water retentive, like pine bark, not compost or peat. Watering should only be done once the soil is dry.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Oops, double post.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”