djlen
Green Thumb

kdodds wrote:This is state-wide:

https://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/7127.html

The trees are not "loaners". You're encouraged to plant them for yourself, which is kind of funny since many of them are non-natives.
Very interesting. I bookmarked the site and will contact them next year to find out if they sell to out of state people.
Did you notice that they have Larch. There are quite a few others that lend themselves to Bonsai culture. Douglas and Balsam Fir, Norways, and a few others.
Regards,
Len

"As the twig is bent, so the tree inclines"
- Virgil
"I rarely agree with most of what I say........." -
- Len
_________
How To Post A Picture

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Yep, but Japanese Larch... and yeah, they've quite a few trees and shrubs that are bonsai suitable. BUT, are they bonsai ready? Most likely no, not now, not for quite a few years to come. So, you'll have quite a few dozen trees that you'll need to grow out. Hope you have the space. Reselling, BTW, would be highly unethical considering their intended purpose. IF I were to buy some, I might keep one or two for bonsai, but would relocate the rest, for sure.

djlen
Green Thumb

None of the trees offered there are "Bonsai Ready". They are seedlings and my interest in them would be for making forest plantings at this stage. I have plenty of full sized single, double etc. trees and am looking more for seedlings that I can develop into forests and groves.
Those seedlings are perfect material for that.
I would plant extras in my back yard which is of a size that would accommodate them. Maybe give some to neighbors. :)
I just gave the Tridents their first feeding. They are looking good!
Regards,
Len

"As the twig is bent, so the tree inclines"
- Virgil
"I rarely agree with most of what I say........." -
- Len
_________
How To Post A Picture

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”