SvetSad

I'm a beginner, and never had to deal with it personally, but from what I've read here's my advice and someone may come along and correct me.

It sounds like the tree was stressed, and then maybe over-fertilized, and then stressed more by soil getting dry, but when you drench the soil, and then keep the pot in water that can also stress the tree. and possibly cause root rot.

Don't let it sit in water. Maybe put some pebbles on the plate with water and place the pot where the water is not actually touching the pot, for humidity.

Place your tree where it gets enough light, with proper temerature/environment and LEAVE IT ALONE for a while. Only water when soil is dry...

I hope this helps. And as I said, I've never dealt with this personally, just a little info I've gathered so far :)

Good Luck!!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

No, put pebbles or small stones or something in the plate and then put the pot on top of the pebbles. Then keep the water level low so it doesn't touch the pot. So the pot is right above the water, but not IN it.

SvetSad

here's a picture of my humidity tray, I pushed the stones aside in the corner so u can see that there's water in there, but water is not ON the surfice of the pebbles, so it's not touching the bottom of the pot

[img]https://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z375/SvetSad/photobucket-37440-1332533667690.jpg[/img]

kdodds
Greener Thumb

I didn't see whether or not you repotted this tree. Sweet Plum, AKA Sageretia theezans, requires high humid, but also high moisture retentive soil. I have only had a modicum of success when keeping Sweet Plum indoors in organic soil. "Bonsai soil" just will not work for this species at all. Even then, keeping them is difficult and watering needs to be profuse and frequent.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”