levi
Newly Registered

My new bonsai

I recently got a juniper p nana bonsai, ive read a few of the posts here about watering, bugs, diseases and stuff, I was just wondering if I should keep it in full sun ? and the thing on it when I got it says to water twice a day if its in full sun, but I think thats too much water, isnt it? also will it survive indoors for a few days, because I need to build a shelf on the front porch so my cats cant get to it.
thanks
levi

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Twice a day may not be too much; it may be way too much. Can't judge by the general plant family; each plant will have specific needs and need an individualized regimen to suite. Learn to check the plant daily, and yes, full sun is the best situation (provided it's not wired; see, there are always caveats...). DOn't think of it so much as a planta as a pet and you will find yourself checking it more regularly, and the plant will reward you for extra care...

Scott

levi
Newly Registered

Well, it was doing fine for a while, but now the leaves are turning brown. I water it when the soil gets dry and everything but I'm still not sure why its turning brown, ive noticed a bunch of little gnats flying around it , I put up an insect strip thing and caught a bunch of them but they wont go away, could they be the problem? I havent noticed any other insects around it though. I could take some pictures if you want.

Thanks

levi

levi
Newly Registered

I looked here https://helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=258 and thats how mine is, so it could be over watering or that twig blight, should I just cut off the brown leaves?

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Yes, they won't be back if they're brown...

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”