peggys
Newly Registered

Juniper care

I have a juniper. It has turned a dull green and is very dry.
What can I do to help it come back to life? Is it good to set it outside when the weather is not so hot?

lance

How long has your juniper been inside? If the foliage is already dry and brittle....it's dead. Juniper foliage stays green long after the tree has died.
Juniper are outdoor tree. keeping them inside will kill them....
sorry :(
patience.......wait for it :)

Intriguedbybonsai

Most stores that sell these bonsai junipers are misinformed about caring for a juniper, and therefore pass along this misinformed information to it's consumers. Junipers and all other conifers belong outdoors. They are not indoor trees.

Carefully remove the tree from it's pot, and give the roots an inspection. If they are just as dry, and brittle as the rest of the tree then it's a lost cause. Don't forget to search the forum for other tips, and advice on how to care for them. They're fairly easy trees to care for, but as an outdoor tree only.
I am Quintin, the one who became inspired, informed, and intrigued by bonsai. But I also like gardening too. :D

lance

The roots won't be dry and brittle unless the tree hasn't been watered in a while. It's more likely that the roots will be rotted and slimy. There is no doubt in my mind that this tree is dead.
again, the foliage of junipers stay green well after death. When it starts to fall off it is already too late.
patience.......wait for it :)

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”