Jpphead08
Newly Registered

New Juniper Bonsai tree, need advice!

Hi, I'm new to bonsai trees in general and I just bought a juniper which I'm planning on keeping outside. So far I just bought it and don't know much which I need any advice and I live in socal where its usually pretty hot and winter time isn't too cold. What should I do in order for the best results and health for the tree when it comes to lighting, watering, potting, and everything else?

SvetSad

I'm a newbee myself, and maybe someone with more experience will reply. but what I can tell you from personal experience is this......

this forum has an amazing amount of info available, so all u need to do is search for it, which u can do through "search the forum" tab at the top of the page. Also if u go to "gardening" tab you will find even more information on bonsai

good luck!

TomM
Greener Thumb

Jpphead08
Since I don't know much about keeping bonsai healthy in your location - I'm in a much colder zone - I would suggest you make contact with Bonsai Boon, the bonsai guru of SoCal.
Go here - https://bonsaiboon.com/
I have worked with Boon and I know he can help with all your questions.

lance

Hey guys.
I'm new here as well, but I have some experience with Junipers and other bonsai trees.
Keep it out of really hot sun. morning sun would be better. partial shade the rest of the day.
Don't keep the soil damp, water it only when it's dry. junipers hate wet roots.
transplant it in the spring before new buds appear if needed.
ALWAYS keep it outside. One mistake beginners make is buying junipers as indoor trees from uneducated vendors. They will die if kept inside.
hope this helps.

TomM
Greener Thumb

Keep this topic going.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”