Pete New Guy
Newly Registered

Leaves falling of Help

:( please help I am new to looking after my Bonsai and the leaves are already falling off

PLease help

ynot
Greener Thumb

Pete New Guy wrote::( please help I am new to looking after my Bonsai and the leaves are already falling off

PLease help
Welcome Pete.

First let me mention that my car won't start, Please help.

I am betting you cannot possible determine anything about the problem I am experiencing from all of the details given.

Am I right? Does that sound familiar to this?
:( please help I am new to looking after my Bonsai and the leaves are already falling off

PLease help
:P :P ;)

To help you effectively we are going to need more details than you have supplied so far.

Details like these would be helpful:

Species/Variety of tree: If known.
Watering: Method & Timing. Though it seems deceptively simple, I assure you that watering mistakes cause the overwhelming majority of bonsai deaths.
Bonsai Soil: It's important
Where you are keeping it: Indoors/Outdoors, Information about the temperature and lighting it is exposed to will be helpful as well.
Your geographic location: This helps us determine a bit about your climactic conditions.
Duration: How long have you had the tree? Or the issue/problem?
Recent Changes Is there anything out of the ordinary the tree has experienced lately? It could be a factor.
IE: Location change, Dry spell {forgot to water}, Unseasonably cold/hot weather, Physical trauma {Knocked out of pot by pet} etc.
Size of the tree and container: Not really required, But I am nosy ;) FYI The size of a bonsai is measured from the soil surface to the top of the tree. Pots are usually listed by the interior dimensions.

Pictures are often helpful also: full sized, Foliage, Soil, Etc... See [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3557]here[/url] for tips on taking helpful pictures.

Details such as these will be very effective in helping us help you. The more the better.

Thanks
ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”