gbhunter77

jbp question

I have my jbp in wind proof tents covered by leaves and mulch. This is the pot only of course the upper part is exposed to the air not wind due to the tent. The temps will fall into the 12-19 range farenheit of course. Is this something I should really worry about :shock: and should I yank them into the garage. Or let them handle the winter, they are in 10 gallon pots so the pot is fairly large, much larger then the plant. This was done to cushion the impact of winter. I placed a pot within a pot I did not transplant anything.
The scott pine could not care less that thing is still growing, As soon as the ground thaws a bit I need to spade around the pine so the roots don't get extreme. I also have a spruce that after a no no noise trunk chop blew out with branches... I have a plan for it(I can picture it I just need to be able make it happen).. anyway this is a jbp question and I went on rambling sorry :oops:

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Walston ranks Black Pine as hearty down to -20°F

gbhunter77

I did not know they were that tough. Anyway since in Michigan it is legal to use weed for "medical reasons", this led to the opening at a substantial number of "in or farming" places :roll:
So I have a tent like fixture a set of 4 54watt day lights on top and another 156 watt coming in from the side. I will post pics once it is up in a day or two.

TomM
Greener Thumb

?? :?:

Why the light fixtures when dormant trees do not need light?

My Japanese black pines, and JWP, are in an unheated shed, protected from wind and out of the sun. Cold but hardly any light. My red pines are out in the garden. The white pine would be out there too if it wasn't grafted onto black pine stock.

gbhunter77

Sometimes I railroad the topic. This was going to be for my ficus plants. I have the black pine outside in a tent that does let light in but blocks wind. My white an Scot pine are out there. The Scott's pine is planted into the ground. All the extra trees I had to unload went to people that thought they were great...either I did something right, they saw something or they don't know anything either. However keeping in style of the club when I asked for my 50% there is no one to be found. So at this point I gave up on the money... :cry:
I gave up on the club so I'm lone wolfing this bonsai thing :?

gbhunter77

My stupid spell check is changing words as I type them. That is why some of my posts have incorrect/improper words and various grammar errors. It wipes sentences out. That's what happened, before mentioning the fixture there was a line about my ficus plants. I will need to find out how to disable this in my tablet.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”