AlexMc
Newly Registered

Spots on leaves & ID required.

Hi

I was given a bonsai (olive I think??) for Christmas, and found this forum while Googling for info on how to keep it alive.

So far, the only thing I've done is give it some tap water. About 250ml in total, poured gently around it, half initially to moisten the rather dry soil, and the other half about 10-15 min later.

While watering it, I noticed some spots on the leaves which I'm concerned about. So I've taken a photo to post here to see it I can get any advise regarding them.

[img]https://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/Harquin/Bonsai/BonsaiLeafSpots.jpg[/img]

Unfortunately, the only camera I have available at the moment is the terrible one built into my iPad. But hopefully there's sufficient detail to see what I'm talking about.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Alex,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I think you are seeing water spots. Try to rub them off with a wet finger. To care for your new charge properly you should concentrate on a proper ID. Unfortunately I can't help there but I will change the title of this thread to reflect that. Good luck with it.

Norm

davdigsb
Newly Registered

Can the plant itself emit the excessive water?
Last edited by davdigsb on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gbhunter77

I cannot say that I have personally known any plant to "emit" excess water if you have a good soil mixture there should not be an excess. The only time you get excess water is if you over water the(watered too many times not the ammount used)plant. Usually root rot is the result. I may be incorrect but in this case I'm fairly sure.

Kaerihana

I agree with the water spot issue its just residue. It should wipe off and with some good spring and summer rains clean up quite nice other wise.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”