tarian

if my chinese elm loses its leaves wat makes them grow back

if my chinese elm loses its leaves wat makes them grow back

ynot
Greener Thumb

Tarian,

We are going to need a few more details than that my friend.

:arrow: Care regimen, Watering, Lighting, Disease, Soil, Location [inside-outside], The temps it lives in currently, How long it's been naked, How long you have had it, Etc....

All of these factors can potentially be an issue, Let us know a bit more about the situation.

ynot

cascaded mind
Newly Registered

they keep comin bak aand goin again I put my last one outside and that worked

ynot
Greener Thumb

cascaded mind wrote:they keep comin bak aand goin again I put my last one outside and that worked
While it is true that Chinese elms can be deciduous [Meaning that they require a dormancy, Drop their leaves, Etc] it is a bit too late [and potentially too cold in Wales to just plunk it outside without the required acclimatization.

As I said, A few more details are required to effectively discern the root of the issue at hand.

ynot

Bonsaimatt

humm, this topic makes me think about my own elm. In fact I think I'm going to bring mine inside for winter. It still has all of it's leaves, those leaves are turning (almost) bronzish. I'll have to look at him better this weekend to deside whats best. Thanks to work, I get home after dark so I don't get to see the leaves under sun light until saturday morning. Minus my indoor guys :)!

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”