JeniH6
Newly Registered

Another Schefflera Post

I'm so sorry if this is the wrong forum as I just saw another Bonsai forum for indoor plants.

I'm so sorry to take up everyones time with another question about schefflera, but I am in need of a bit of advice. I have a schefflera plant that has trippled in size in three years. I have repotted it twice and it did great both times, but currently I have it in the largest pot I can find without going to one of the large pots that would usually be outside and never move. (sorry I'm sure how big it is that I'm trying to explain lol). I am afraid of splitting it because it was my grandmother in laws, and my aunt in law lives with my hubby and myself, and I know if I were to kill it it would devastate her. I will try to post a picture of it later but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me when is the best time to split it, and what the best way is to go about it. I am confident in my abilities as a gardner, but as I said I'm just afraid I will kill it and then my aunt will be mad at me. I don't know if it will effect anything but I live in Illinois, and I have brought it in the house for the winter. (I always take it outside in the summer and it seems to love it!) Any advice would be terrific.

Thank you ahead of time for listening (or rather reading) my babbling. :)
Jeni

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You are posting in the Bonsai section, which is miniaturized trees/shrubs in tiny pots. There is a container gardening section for regular sized things in pots, which sounds like what you are talking about.

You might try posting your question there as well.

Instructions for posting photos here are in New to Helpful Gardener? under Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members.

Welcome to the forum!

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”