lucenda
Cool Member

Overwhelmed Update

After doing a lot of research on the internet everything goes well; however; the annoying thing is that a lot of sites are telling different things. Most important thing I learned is the question: makes it sense for the tree? Observe the tree and You'll see if it is happy or not. I have three Fukien Teas; and I read that they are good indoors only need 1 hour of full sun per day. That doesn't make sense! I keep them outdoors; they get a least 6 hours of sun a day; and they're doing well.

I'd put my two Desert Roses onto a closet in the living room and gave them water twice a week. What was I thinking? A tree that belongs in the desert so much water and no sunlight? No wonder the trees where telling me that they where not happy…
So they are outside; too and they rewarded me with a lot of flowers.

Making a planner is a good idea! It makes me less nervous. Next to that; you can think about what you're doing and why when you write something down.

I'd put all my Pines; Birch and Oak’s in the full ground. Two died; don't know why; but the others are growing.

The Junipers are wonderful; beautiful and amazing! They are all outdoors; together with my Zelkova; Coneaster and Chinese Elms and doing very well. Love the green colors!

Problem is I have a lot of seeds; Pines; Hornbeam; Maidenhair; Redwood Dawn and Baobab. No clue what to do with them. I'll put them in my garage –with a window- this winter; hope they’ll survive.

Note: I'm not really talking about Bonsai. Think more about pre-bonsai; mallbonsai and cuttings with some roots. I'm afraid for the winter to come. Bought a lot off mulch to protect the roots. Any tips how to survive the winter are very welcome. I'll make pics when I have a good camera. Thank you!

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”