rustysthree

bonsai major EEK!

I have four bonsai trees now. they are all very healthy. I have three conifers and one other. I'm not sure what it is. the conifers. there bretherine were al like pear shaped(pointed tops) the other is leafy,pear shaped leaves. I need to know what it is... if I could send a pic somewhere. could someone id it?

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Pear-shaped leaves? With the petiole (stem) on the narrow end?

Scott

rustysthree

oh no, perhaps a better description... tear shaped ...like stem. large part. then comes to a point very soft light green (no fuzz though).....and smooth bark,

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I'd search a native plant site (for your area) and see if you could I.d. it there. So many trees fitting that description and a lot of them with VERY different needs...

rustysthree

it's either an ash or boxelder... I did what you asked. that's the closest I could come. does this help you at all to help me?

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Ash would be more problematic, but I suspect if you found these in a disturbed area it's Acer negundo (boxelder) and there is not much you can do to kill that one; tough as nails. I'd suggest a multi-trunk style for the maple (boxelder is actually a maple) as that's it's habit in the wild...

rustysthree

it was growing already with a multi trunk, and it's so tuff. it wont die
I even dropped it all over the ground last month. it's still kicken. didn't even lose a leaf lol it sounds like a maple. and that does make sence THANKS!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Good luck Rusty!

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”