ravenwing
Newly Registered

new to bonzai trees - just bought my first one

Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to bonzai trees. I purchased my first tree yesterday...and I'm a bit confused about the directions.

It says: "Do not water. Simply clean by dusting or lightly rinsing with water. Air dry. Avoid direct sunlight and high humidity. Indoor use is preferred, but trees may be used in a very protected outdoor environment."

The company that grew/distributed my tree is ForeverGreenArt

According to these directions the tree is somehow preserved? I'm not exactly sure if the directions are correct?

Also it appears as though the river rocks that it has been potted in are glued together...to me this seems like it wouldn't be good for the tree.

It's really pretty and I don't want to kill it!

Any tips/advice would be perfect. If it helps, my tree looks very similar to this (except that it is missing the large rock and the bit of moss):
[img]https://www.forevergreenart.com/images/MONTERbig.jpg[/img]

ynot
Greener Thumb

A quote from the website you linked to:

Emphasis is mine;
Everyone who sees and touches our products can't believe they are not alive. Yet to the human eye no one can tell the difference. They look and feel real, because they are real.
It's really pretty and I don't want to kill it!
:? I wouldn't worry about that, It is allready dead. [though preserved]

... I am not sure what you have.... But it is not a bonsai as it is not actually alive....The FAQs at that website have more info.

ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”