MelB Bonsai
Newly Registered

Help! Chinese elm losing leaves after bug treatment.

Hi :-) Please could someone help? I have a 12yr old indoor chinese elm and have recently treated it with bug clear incecticide as I thought it had red spider mite. Since the treatment my lovley tree has been losing piles of leaves everyday and I am worried that I have killed it with the wrong spray! I thought the spray would stop my tree losing leaves from the spider mite but it has made it worse. Obviousley I havnt used the spray since, what should I do to save it? Please could someone advise as I am new to bonsai and I don't want to make the problem worse. Thank u :-)

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Elms do not do well indoors, usually. I fear the leaf drop is likely not as much from the spray as it is from the worsening on a pre-existing condition from your descriptionI would get it outside, if you can. If not, get it as near a south or west window as possible and provide as much humidity as possible. Make sure, though, that you're not overwatering. Do a search on "chopstick method" and you should get detailed info as to how and when to water.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”